The CAE-CD program office, in coordination with Moraine Valley Community College and Coastline Community College, will host two identical workshops this summer to garner input from designated institutions before processes and policies are finalized. Workshops will be held 15/16 August in Chicago and 19/20 September in Garden Grove, CA. The below agenda will be followed at both workshops:
Agenda Day One:
- 9:00-10:00 - Update on curriculum initiatives and the Cybersecurity Executive Order Workforce provisions.
- 10:15-11:30 - Participant will choose one working group per time block:
- Re-designation Criteria:
- The CAE Program Office will provide draft re-designation criteria in advance of the workshops. This session will provide clarification on any questions, and allow input from PIs/CAE reps.
- Requirements for the New CAE-CD Application Tool and Annual Report:
- The CAE Program Office is gathering requirements for the new CAE-CD online application tool, and will be finalizing requirements for the annual report. Input is desired on application tool functionality and data content; input on reporting requirements and due dates for the annual report is also requested.
- 11:45-12:15 - Morning working group out brief
- 12:15-1:30 - Lunch
- 1:30-3:00 - Participant will choose one working group per time block:
- Finalizing Knowledge Units (KUs) and Designation scheme:
- Update of the KUs will be finalized shortly after the September workshop; this will be the final opportunity for input on individual KUs, as well as the KU core requirements, and mapping to the Workforce Framework. Discussion will also address alignment with the latest draft of the ACM Cybersecurity Curricula recommendations. Finally, suggestions for naming and structure of the CAE-CD designations will be discussed.
- Visiting Committees:
- With focus on re-designations, establishment of Visiting Committees has been suggested. Discussion will include the advisability of such a process for re-designating CAE-CD institutions, and possible procedures associated.
- 3:15-4:30, Afternoon working group outbrief and wrap-up
Agenda Day Two:
- 9:00-10:30 - Participant will choose one working group per time block:
- Skills Measurement:
- Employers have consistently complained that students are not graduating college ready for work. While a final solution may never be available, this discussion will focus on if and how CAE-CD schools might measure student’s skills based on the tools identified in the current CSUSB study, and what metrics we could provide relative to the workforce framework skills and abilities.
- Faculty Professional Development:
- Dakota State University, a Consultant CRRC, in conjunction with the Hub CRRCs is leading the effort to provide various faculty professional development classes and workshops. We need your help to take it to the next level. This discussion will focus on providing faculty opportunities to work in government organizations and industry to develop skills and gain an appreciation for workforce requirements.
- 10:45-11:00, Morning working group outbrief
- 11:15-12:30, Lunch
- 12:30-14:00, Way forward discussion
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please email askCAEIAE@nsa.gov.